Position Title: Electrical & Instrument Technician
Electrical & Instrument Technician is responsible for carrying out maintenance of the facility’s electrical, instrument and communication systems and associated equipment wwih minimal environmental impact in accordance with legislation, class, flag and the Facility
- Follow onboard safety & operational requirements, including Permit To Work, operational & emergency procedures, the company’s policies & instructions.
- Familiar with the facility’s electrical & instrument equipment, its operation & maintenance.
Carries out fault finding and diagnosis of problems affecting plant and systems taking corrective actions to anticipate and prevent downtime and thus maximize oil and gas production. Performs breakdown repairs whenever required. Shows initiative in identifying opportunities to improve plant and machinery performance.
- Ensure all CBTA program for E&I is completed as per requirement.
- Carry out electrical & instrumentation maintenance and repair work, ensure the electrical & instrumentation maintenance within all applicable code, regulation & standards.
- Assist Lead E&I keeping track of outstanding punch list, warranty claims, ECR, equipment breakdowns for follow up with E&I Team, relevant department to close out.
- Perform inhibition and isolation to the facility instrumentation as per Permit To Work requirement.
- Review and inform Lead E&I to update and develop job descriptions and add new job for
- E&I equipment in AMOS software follow FMS and manual. Ensure the inspection report, overdue reason put in AMOS by E&I is correct with full information as requirement.
- E&I Technician job description Code : PLS-HRM-JD25
- Effective date: / /2020 Rev.: 01 Page: 3/5
- Ensure all O&M procedures relevant to E&I equipment, system are followed, reviewed, updated and writing including TWIs, JHAs and procedures which is assigned by Lead E&I.
- Ensure proper and updated records are compiled and followed up, update in AMOS system
- Ensure all information entered in E&I logbook, reports, maintenance records and FMS is accurate and conform to the Facility Management System.
- Keep the Lead E&I informed of all related work activities.
- Assist Lead E&I to issue the BDR relate to EI Task and do root cause analysing and give all way forwards to take action and preventive for future.
- Assist Lead E&I to ensure the E&I Tool certificates for calibration and safety are valid as requirements of FMS, rules, legal requirement, standard and manual…
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that electronic and instrumentation defects are dealt
with timely and properly.
- Liaise with Materials Coordinator for stores and spare gear and monitor consumption.
- Assist Lead E&I to make plan for maintenance in advice to ensure before perform the task all material require, tool and manpower is sufficient for complete task in safe and satisfactory.
- Assist Lead E&I to develop, review rational spares philosophy and review and keep enough
material for critical spare parts based on actual condition of E&I equipment/ system and lead
time of critical spare parts.
- Assist Lead E&I to make, review maintenance strategy for E&I equipment, make plan for inspection, maintenance in advance to ensure before performing the tasks, all the required material, tools and manpower are sufficient to complete in safe and satisfactory condition and
prevent overdue task.
- Ensure that the Instrument and electronic emergency systems are tested frequently and that they are instantly available when required.
- Perform gas tests and isolations as per permit to work requirements.
- Perform HV switching on electrical equipment as required.
- Ensure PLC data is updated and where necessary back up files are made and stored as required. Manage software changes under control of the Engineering Change Request.
- Assist Lead E&I to review maintenance tasks, apply CBM/RCM for E&I equipment.
- Ensure area which is controlled by E&I team has to monitor and make plan for corrosion control to prevent corrosion attack.
- Assist Lead E&I to plan and carrying the major maintenance plan, spare parts for next year for E&I task and ensure all spare parts are available prior to start tasks.
- Supervise and responsible for inspection, maintenance activities of E&I equipment are following the O&M procedure, PTW system.
Assess old parts, equipment after replacement to recondition, reuse.
- Supervise and support trainee and contractor’s activities onboard, and ensure work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with Facility Management System.
- Be aware of and uphold the company policies, regarding “Health, Safety and Environment”
and “Environmental Protection Policy”.
- Be responsible for his own safety and others’ in the workplace, and understand his
- E&I Technician job description Code : PLS-HRM-JD25
- Effective date: / /2020 Rev.: 01 Page: 4/5
contribution towards safety of himself and other crews.
- Report immediately to the facility management all incidents, accidents, near miss, or unsafe
conditions/ practices that occur in the workplace.
- Use all personal and other protective equipment provided where appropriate.
- Take part in drills/ exercises and fulfil designated duties (as per emergency response plan) in
the event of any actual emergency.
- Share electrical safety information to all crews for awareness.
- Report directly to Lead E&I on the facility.
- Liaise with the Electrical, Instruments, Maintenance Technician
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience in operation and maintenance of electrical, electronic and instrumentation
equipment on FPSO/ FSO or oil tanker, or other relevant experience within the hydrocarbons
- Hold certificate for Explosion Protection and experience with maintenance of hazardous area
- Experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers
(PLC), power generation and distribution systems and installation of electrical equipment in
- Experience in using computerized the Planned Maintenance Systems (AMOS or equivalent)
- Experience with Safety Management Systems
- University Bachelor Degree in Electrical/ Electronics /Instrumentation.
- Good personal and interpersonal skills, good in written and spoken English.
- Be properly trained and certified in the following field:
a. Certificate for EX Training
b. Certificate for High Voltage
c. Permit to work and Job safety analysis
d. Basic Safety Training
e. Safety Awareness
f. Safety Induction
g. Hazardous Area Training
h. BOSIET/ FOSET
i. Chemical safety Training
j. Occupational safety and health Training
k. Maritime Security Awareness training