PROCESS CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR
(Results this role is expected to accomplish)
Reporting to the Lead Production Operator, accountabilities include:
• Safe and efficient operations in accordance with established procedures and regulations.
• Report all accidents, near misses and hazardous conditions.
• Control for all facility processing and utility systems.
• Ensure all work control processes are adhered to on a daily basis. (i.e. Permit to Work)
• Ensure that all production and injection targets are met on a daily basis.
• Ensure that product quality specifications are met. (i.e. water injection , gas lift)
• Monitor and control of subsea wells, flow lines, and risers according to established procedures…
• Track and monitor all personnel movement in restricted areas.
• Provide direction to Process Operators during normal, upset, and emergency conditions.
• Provide accurate production volume, quality, and metering data for production accounting.
• Document and report any environmental exceedances to Production Supervisor.
• Maintain daily operating logbook for shift records.
• Key member of Emergency Response Team.
• Adhere to FPSO/Department standing instruction all the time.
• Responsible for daily production report, production lost report and maintain daily activities
• Ensure Department Activities Tracking (weekly, monthly etc…); make sure the activities are done
as scheduled. Using Tracking Tools available.
• Actively participate in Housekeeping/ Cleaning / Chipping & Painting campaign set up by Lead
PO or Production Sup.
• Raise at least 4 ACT cards every 3 weeks rotation for Safety awareness improvement.
Permit to work task:
• Manage the PTW system/process to ensure that PTW required works properly controlled,
coordinated and communicated.
• Ensure the issuing (suspending and closing) of PTW and associated documentations comply
with the PTW procedure.
• Maintaining the Q4 database of PTW competent persons
• Registering users onto the system as directed by the OIM/FM and allocating passwords
• To edit user details in the system as required by the OIM by assigning or removing roles and
privileges of the users
• To audit the installations user database and remove any users who have not accessed the
system within the previous 12 months
• Assign multi and cross installation roles and privileges
• Allocate installation specific roles and privileges
• Edit the Hazard and Control Tree upon request
• Allocate guest roles (read only)
• Allocate visitor roles
(Skills required to accomplish this role effectively)• High School diploma and Technologist or Industry Certification.
• 5 years related experience in the oil/petrochemical industry.
• Previous experience as a control room operator. (2 Years)
• Working knowledge of Distributed Control Systems and computerized control/safety systems.
• Working knowledge of separation, compression, utility systems.
• Thorough understanding of all production equipment and systems on the installation.
• Familiar with computerized maintenance management systems.
• Effective communication skills (written, oral and computer).
• Proficient in English both written and oral.
• Leadership and teamwork skills/behaviours which support team based organization.
• Ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations