- Reporting to the Service Manager, the Service Technician will carry out repairs, maintenance and deliveries of mobility equipment which includes mobility (wheelchairs, scooters, showering equipment, walkers), hospital (electric beds, electric lifters, hydraulic stretchers, bed movers) and nursing home equipment (electric home care beds, alternating pressure mattresses).
- The Service Technician will be provided with a job sheet showing information about the client and their equipment that requires assessing/ repairing. The technician will attend to the job at the designated time as organised, and report back with an outcome.
- The Service Technician will liaise with the relevant supplier regarding part identification and price.
- The Service Technician will be regularly required to travel to and from client’s homes in a vehicle supplied by Keep Moving. The Service Technician may also be required to travel to remote communities in the NT to carry out repairs, maintenance and deliveries which can result in being away from home for one or more nights.
- The Service Technician will be eligible to participate in the on-call roster with other Technicians.
- The Service Technician will be responsible for keeping the company vehicle, workshop and warehouse clean and free of safety hazards.